KMFCU was chartered under a federal charter on March 4, 1946 as Kellogg Company Employees Federal Credit Union. At the time an Organizational Certificate was signed by eight Kellogg Company Employees. These charter members were: Catherine Warchol, Richard Saylor, Theodore E. Veat, S. Allen Seline, Jr., Harold Tevis, Marian Bradley, Theodore Himberger, and Jack A. Mueller.
The credit union’s first office was located in a very small room in the plant. The credit union now enjoys office space provided by the Kellogg Company.